According to a recent Raptr Report, Zynga has a valuation of $15-20 billion big ones. Talk about bringing the house down. With smash hits such as FarmVille, CityVille, MafiaWars and many more, Zynga is among the top money making companies within the app market and of course in online video games. Check out the full report after the jump.
The report has a lot of interesting information such as revealing Zynga games rival core games in total playtime. The report also examines Zynga’s ability to attract, convert, and engage its sizeable audience, and compares habits of social gamers and core gamers.
“Zynga has had an undeniable impact on the gaming landscape,” said Dennis Fong, CEO of Raptr. “However, little is known about the behavior of Zynga’s players. By looking at the actual gameplay habits of real users, we’re able to get a deeper understanding of how Zynga has been able to dominate the social gaming space and command one of the highest projected IPO valuations this decade.”
Some key findings of this exclusive study include:
- Ville-series (FarmVille, CityVille, etc.) fans log as much cumulative playtime as fans of the top core gaming franchises.
- Ville-series fans average eight quick sessions a day, while core gamers play fewer but longer sessions.
- Zynga’s top games rack up three times more hours of playtime than the rest of the top 10 social games combined.
- Zynga has one of the industry’s highest conversion rates from game to game, consistently pulling in more than 90 percent of its players from the user base of its other games.
- A third of Xbox 360 players have played a Zynga game, which is up 50 percent from the year before, indicating a rising crossover trend.
- Zynga’s “Two-Percenters,” the most active users, play more than 120 minutes a day.