Any Facebook gamers out there? The team at Bossa Studios would like to wish Merlin fans everywhere a very Merry Christmas, as it announces a festive update, launching today. Merlin: The Game is a compelling role-playing game that challenges players to become the hero of Camelot by battling monsters and completing quests. Players explore the beautifully rendered 3D world of Albion, while listening to music and sounds produced by the creators of the hit TV show. The upcoming release will feature a number of updates including:
- Free festive hats – celebrate in style with Arthur and Merlin with this year’s exclusive Santa hats.
- Premium style – limited edition candy canes and reindeer horns can be bought and ensure a stylish gaming experience.
All items are available through the in-game store for a limited time only.
Since its release in October 2012, Merlin: The Game now sees over 250,000 adventurers visiting the land of Albion every month and is now one of the fastest growing and most talked-about games on Facebook. Bossa Studios has been constantly refining the game by responding to players’ feedback and reacting to the TV series. As a result, a range of new and exciting features have been implemented since the open beta launch. These key updates have included:
- New ‘March of the Dead’ mission added
- In-game chat added so you no longer have to quest in silence
- Character animations empower users to express their emotions
- Players are now able to view their friend’s profiles while in Camelot and customize their skills to better suit each other’s play-style
- Weapons and equipment statistics for damage, speed and magic added to items
- Due to popular demand the almighty spoon has been added as a usable weapon (Merlin, Season 5: Episode 3).
These updates have helped to raise the quality of a free-to-play social game to a standard much more akin to a premium console or PC title, and underscores Bossa Studio’s commitment to making games people love playing