I swear I invented this over the weekend on a trip where I was using my iPhone as my GPS navigator and had nowhere to put it besides in my hand. Luckily for all of you, you don’t have to wait for me to go through the invention process as GoSmart is now shipping it’s GoSmart Clip for smartphones. It’s not just great for hands-free GPS, but also for attaching to suitcases for working at the airport, golf carts for maps & keeping score, baby strollers to keep baby entertained and a litany of other useful instances.
The GoSmart Clip securely holds and clips iPhones, Androids, and other smartphones to car steering wheels or other places for quick access to GPS directions. The GoSmart Clip’s compact design lets you place the GPS phone on the steering wheel close to you, so you can keep your eyes on the road and hands on the steering wheel while using GPS, making it much safer than windshield, dashboard, or other GPS systems, that are further away from your eyes and increase the time you’re taking your eyes off the road.
- In a car: Use a GPS or traffic app on your smartphone in your car or rental car with easy access.
- Hands-free cell phone use: Talk on your cellphone safely, hands-free.
- At the airport or train station: Secure it to a backpack, suitcase, or shoulder bag and work, send emails, texts, Skype, or watch a video while waiting.
- At the gym: Fasten it to a cardio machine and listen to music, read, or watch a video while working out.
- On a purse or bag: Attach it to the strap or handle of a purse or shoulder bag for easy access to your cell phone.
- On a shopping cart: Attach to the grocery store shopping cart to view shopping lists, text, or talk without having to hold a phone.
- At the beach: Strap to a beach umbrella for music at the beach.
- At the golf course: Attach to golf cart to keep score or view maps.
- On a boat or back seat of car: Attach to a boat steering wheel or the back of car seat head rest to watch movies.
- On your belt: Attach to your belt to use as a phone stand to prop at an angle to easily view the screen.
- On a baby stroller: Attach to baby stroller to talk on the phone or soothe the child with music, a book or favorite video.
The GoSmart Clip attaches with no tools required with a strong elastic strap that holds the phone securely in place and works with iPhones and Androids, at 4” to 5” long (100mm – 125mm) tall and less than 0.75” thick (20mm).The GoSmart Clip is available in red or black with a lifetime warranty, priced at $24.95 through Amazon.