EA Mobile launched Battleship for iPad and Don’t Fall Off for iPhone, two games I’m looking forward to trying out. Of course Battleship is a classic and is fun no matter the device, but I’m sure the iPad 2 will make it even better. The 2 player multiplayer mode looks like a lot of fun.
As for Don’t Fall Off, it seems like an interesting concept. A boat, a “rollie” and the goal of keeping him/her dry. Nobody likes falling off of boats unless it’s summer and there is a slide in the picture.
Battleship ($2.99) – Authentic! Explosive! Loaded for action! BATTLESHIP! It’s a hit on iPad!
Experience the sea-assault game that sinks all pretenders. More powerful than ever on iPad, enjoy spectacular HD-quality graphics and stunning sound effects. Launch into the iPad exclusive 2 Player Mode and test your strategic senses in an all-out engagement for naval supremacy – just like the all-time favorite board game!.
- EXPERIENCE MORE FIREPOWER! The intense graphic performance of your iPad brings the strategic action of BATTLESHIP to life–launch strikes with tactical precision on the large Multi-Touch display, witness big guns blazing and smoke-billowing carriers sinking to their dooms, and escalate the intensity with new ships, more powerful weapons, and wider-scale battle environments including 3D scenes in fog, storms, and balmy sunshine.
- BATTLE IN 2 PLAYER MULTIPLAYER MODE – AN iPAD EXCLUSIVE! Challenge a friend and recreate the classic board game experience on your iPad in the innovative 2-Player Mode. Also, go iPad to iPad (or iPhone/iPod touch) with Local Multiplayer over Bluetooth and Wifi.
- ENGAGE ENEMIES IN ADDITIONAL SINGLE-PLAYER MODES! Take on seaborne enemies in the authentic
Don’t Fall Off ($.99) – Rollie really loves to travel. Join him on his boat (his little paper boat, that is) to visit Greece, India, Japan and Australia! The only problem is Rollie can’t get wet! Get a grip in balancing physics to help Rollie stay on the boat while avoiding raindrops to keep him dry. This casual game from Inlogic Software s.r.o combines cool physics, tricky obstacles, and fun power-ups for quick and addictive pick-up-and-play. The clock is ticking, remember: DON’T FALL OFF!
- TWO WAYS TO STEER YOUR SHIP – Rollie is no square, so can fall right off the edge. In Novice mode, use the accelerometer to keep him from rolling right into the water or try expert mode and use your finger instead.
- THE SKY IS FALLING, TOO! – Face progressive challenges like rain in Greece, pesky birds in India, and even hot lava in Japan. How long can you keep Rollie safe?
- HERE COMES THE SUN – Keep your balance! If you catch a glimpse of the sun, make sure to tap it. The skies will clear momentarily allowing Rollie to float shower-free.
- KEEPING ROLLIE DRY? TELL YOUR FRIENDS! – Connect with Facebook to share your best times, and track them on daily and all-time leaderboards.